Thursday, September 5, 2019

Biking Through A Denton Neighborhood

These homes and streets are near my parents place in Denton. When I lived there years ago I never went into this neighborhood because there weren't streets that went straight through. Now its a great biking route. You can see generations of houses. I love the older ones. One feature of my posts that has gotten me thinking lately is how many of the pics lack a human presence. I'll have to think on that. The last pic is a bigger house than the others and stands out in size and style. I see that throughout older Denton - a mix of more affluent with the middle class and working class housing within a distance I don't see today. Today's neighborhoods seem more homogeneous. This is on the other side of the tracks from downtown but its also across a major street from a neighborhood that was historically black and segregated.








No comments:

Post a Comment