Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Revitalization in Johnson City Downtown

Old spaces getting remade to modern businesses in older sections of Johnson City, Tennessee. I love this city and its changes over the years. Run Down meeting the modern again and again. The Southern Craft restaurant and brewery has great food and beer. The barbecued meat is as good as I've eaten anywhere in Texas. America is a consumer based economy. A lot of what people buy helps businesses that reproduce an unsustainable economy. Unsustainable economically, ecologically, and culturally. I often think I fall into that destructive pattern when I eat too much meat, especially smoked bbq. We all have our preferences. I buy few new clothes but lots of folks love picking out the latest fashions. If we want people to have the freedom to purchase what they want and keep it sustainable we need to have renewable energy sources. Until then I'm going to pick choose bbq over things like a new car or new clothes. Well maybe a new shirt or two.










Local farmers trying to make a more sustainable economy and setting up shop in a real rundown section of Johnson City. I hope this lasts.




No comments:

Post a Comment