Sunday, October 13, 2019

Old Brick Houses In Johnson City

The old Tree Streets neighborhood in Johnson City is full of architecture that imitates classical Greece and Rome. You can see the columns and porticoes in many houses, especially the more affluent. Some houses in the neighborhood go back to the 1800s. I think that the preponderance of the red brick is somewhat regional. The last three pics are of the oldest home in the neighborhood. It looks like its been neglected. These big houses remind me of the coop houses I knew from Madison and Austin. I like a place where many people reside but you had your own private space. And you got to interact with other folks in the common spaces. Its not for me anymore but I think families or other groups should be coop housing more. And we would retain the old good houses more and spend less on housing costs if we did.
















No comments:

Post a Comment