Thursday, August 13, 2020

Appalachian Disc Golf Courses

How often do you get into the forest? When I was a kid I remember roaming around the small bands of forest around my home or near relatives that we visited in other parts of Wisconsin. I recall early in my life picking blackberries in the neighbors forest. My Mom made the best damn blackberry pie you'll ever eat. I don't remember why I stopped harvesting those fruits. Maybe we got kicked off. My friend in Tennessee has a verdant bunch of blackberry bushes. And we made an awesome pie from that fresh fruit. These days I'm mostly roaming the forest playing disc golf. And the pics below show the forest courses in Appalachia. With the spaced-out trees and hills and elevation and landscape changes, it all becomes very surreal to a man who gets vertigo and has acrophobia and agoraphobia. They're a blast to play. 















No comments:

Post a Comment