Sunday, August 9, 2020

Bike Lanes Expand in the Covid Era

Congress Avenue in downtown Austin is busy and I would usually avoid biking through, except its the pandemic and cars have retreated. The city has put up signs and lanes for bikers in multiple neighborhoods and I've seen a few. But why would I even want to bike around these places? If the city says stay indoors and social distance then why would I want to use these public spaces? And many people aren't using them. Public theater for those in charge. I think the people out and about like me are actually being safe and I am glad to see them and I would love to see more of us. It's crazy to go about your life in the world and see people as threats to your well-being. Everyone is potentially a threat with the virus and how do we keep that to a minimum? How do we recreate our expectations? I hope more people bike and figure this out. 








No comments:

Post a Comment