Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Airbnb in Austin

For a few days I had the experience of living in central Austin a block away from South Congress. Not the street full of bars, gun shops and hookers of Austin lore. The modern cool South Congress with shops and pedestrians and those pesky scooters. My brother visited with his family and they got an Airbnb. Someone told them they wouldnt like the location but I loved it. The pics below show the house and the real estate nearby including the school for the deaf. That house looks rebuilt inside and on the exterior. We all agreed the foundation was the same. This neighborhood has all kinds of redos. Also lots of houses are old and classic. This seemed like a much better place to rent than a hotel. In Austin they call them STRs - Short Term Rentals. This one was a permanent STR. Other people do it part time. If STRs and help preserve a neighborhood feel and opportunities for regular folks like me and my family to enjoy places like central Austin then I like them.








No comments:

Post a Comment