Friday, April 5, 2019

Hero of Rainey Street

The Rainey Street District in Austin was some mythical place in my mind after only hearing and reading about it. Its about seven miles away from my home and I had never actually been there or seen it. I biked through it the other day and now I get what it's about -- drinking and looking cool. What positive social progress proceeds from these kinds of businesses and consumers? Yo no se.

And the word was there was some dude who refused to sell out and kept living in a home he could have sold for over a million dollars. I don't know how he pays for the property taxes which could be as much as $25,000 dollars a year, or more. I only take home about $38,000 bucks in a year. But if I could survive there I might do the same. So many questions in my head about this scene. The first three pics have the infamous house. The next three give you some context. Future posts will explore the space. I mean really explore the space.








No comments:

Post a Comment