Monday, April 29, 2019

Lucy's Fried Chicken in Austin

I know I've seen this pin-up sign for years biking past it on South Congress. I wondered what kind of place it was. Some of those dives are gone forever but Lucy's is still around. Interesting mural or wall art in the first pic in the background. South Congress is gentrifying and condifying but Lucy's stands out as a remnant of the past and Im glad my Mom and Dad and I got there before its gone. The fried chicken and atmosphere were awesome. Btw, are pin-ups sexist? Ive heard of protests against street names and public schools being named after racist Confederates but nothing against old Lucy. I find the increasingly bougie culture of South Austin more problematic than a pin-up. Lots of the new bougy folks in Austin go to places like Lucy's and they'll kill 'em with kindness, I suppose.




No comments:

Post a Comment