Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Mt Washington Neighborhood in LA

On my first drive up to the street I stayed on in LA I was shocked how close the streets were to the homes and how little room there was to maneuverer. The small avenues winded and twisted around so you couldn't see what was next. You had to be ready to stop on a dime or risk backing up - on a windy road. These homes are so expensive that they lend credence to the idea that people move to Austin from California think the house prices are reasonable. When these homes were built covers many decades. I'm not sure if that means some have been rebuilt over time or there has been in fill. I think I can see a difference in style that connects to when it was built. The homes seemed way too compacted to me. But I stayed in a one-room apartment in the basement of a house and I didn't get to roam around a couple thousand foot house with a back yard which I could get to and you don't see in these pics. It probably feels a lot better to live in the whole house. And many houses probably had a nice view of some part of LA.










No comments:

Post a Comment