Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Denton Downtown Redo

I lived in Denton in the 1990s. A lot has changed since then. Interesting to see the new pubs and restaurants in the old downtown buildings near the courthouse square. My Mom and Dad live only a few miles from this little Mecca of good food, beer, and people and we've been venturing there regularly when I visit from Austin. You can go to the chains near the interstate but the bad traffic there and the lack of character in those places make the local restaurants and bars way more appealing. My parents talk of moving out of Denton more toward the Austin area, probably because there's a bunch of family in the area. My instinct is the reverse, to go back to Denton and buy one of the cool old little houses near downtown. I wonder if Denton will start to condoize and gentrify and the culture will go down hill like in Austin?



No comments:

Post a Comment