Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Tree of Life

I noticed the tree of life motif in works I bought at TTV in these photos. I was reading today about the tree of life in the myths of Mesopotamia and their connection to the Adam and Eve story and paradise stories in Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Agrarian societies are tied to nature and the tree. When trees are healthy than usually farming is going well (well at least in the Middle East), and life thrives. Thats my explanation in the history of human culture. I have a guttural reaction to these kinds of nature scenes and I don't know the origin of that for me. I grew up in the country in Wisconsin-that's probably part of it. Trees become intertwined with experiences and memories.and help you notice the passing of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment