Monday, March 16, 2020

Bar and Music Shop on South Lamar

Classic Austin music businesses along South Lamar do still exist among the condos and bougie surroundings. The South Austin Music store fixed my Dad's old tube amplifier which sounds awesome. And the Saxon Pub has been hosting great local musicians for decades. I used to live near it but it was always crowded. Either it was already too popular when I got there or I was simply  getting tired of bad service just trying to get a beer and listen to good music. Make me pay more for better service. Oh yeah I was already spending ten or more bucks to get in then 5 bucks a beverage and the service still sucked (and this was 20 yrs ago). I guess profit margins are still low. So the business owner is being rational in making me pay a lot for a crappy experience. So why do people still keep going? The reality is that many haven't and the old Austin music haunts continue to die off. The Saxon Pub is not long for this world. And living in Austin is too expensive so many authentic musicians don't live or play here anymore. Wait, I think I forgot to tell you how great Austin is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment