Sunday, March 29, 2020

Lockdown in Austin

I'm exaggerating a little. Only a little. Only essential businesses are allowed and the direction from the Mayor and County Officer is to reduce our social interactions by 90 percent. I work at a middle school which has stopped and we are working at home. I have no family or friends that live with me. And nobody cares about me to actually drop in and see me even staying six feet away. So I have definitely got it at less than 10 percent. As I bike around the city I see all kinds of people in small groups. Like in the pics below you see hundreds of people in Zilker Park. Or people walking or biking in small groups. One couple was walking six feet apart. Honestly you don't see that much. A friend said he and his family have their pod of three that they get closer to than six feet but they keep it to that. So his lady friend has not hugged her grandchildren in awhile and won't until  after social distancing is no longer required. Sad. Dude. Rally sad. Who's responsible for this social disaster? Lets think about that. Was this preventable. Yes. If political leaders did their job and we elected people who do their job. We havent.






No comments:

Post a Comment