Sunday, March 22, 2020

Graffiti - PC and Guerrilla

I took these pics to show the polished and PC graffiti that proclaim the message of whatever myths liberals believe. But as I looked at them again I noticed the other graffiti that would often come down as illegal and not sanctioned by the authorities. Which is better? More artistic? More meaningful? More daring? More transgressive of unjust authority? I have changed my mind about graffiti over the years. I loved it when I was in college. Who cares? But a lot of that stuff is nonsense and ugly. It's like when people throw garbage in my yard. Its not a act of resistance to litter. Nor is it a great sin. But don't tell me you are being empowered or helping people. You are just being a jerk to people like me who pick up after your trash. And a lot of the graffiti is trash. Please do something more important than the equivalent of littering. Like I've said I go back and forth. The commandment to  pick your own gender rule book seems right on but its also propaganda to manipulate people on other issues. And I've tried other ways of resisting and I'm not sure if I had a greater impact than the graffiti artists. I don't think I meant to include the bike lane sign but that is funny. It can't be graffiti is it's from the government but it is way less interesting and way more ugly than the real graffiti. But it is important, especially for people like me who actually bike around Austin.




No comments:

Post a Comment