Sunday, March 22, 2020

Buildings Built Into the Hillside on Barton Springs Road

There is a steep rock cliff just in back of these businesses and buildings. That creates an odd feel for me as I make my way down this stretch of Barton Springs road.The places you see look like they've been there for many decades. And the businesses seem to be functioning but the house like structures behind them fascinate me. Do people live there? They probably used to. This is right next to Barton Springs pool and that whole area is fascinating to me. The Umlauf Sculpture Garden is near there (check out my recent post on that place).  Sometimes I think I am fascinated by a place because I would love to live there or near there. As much as I hate many things about Austin I also love many things about it. The pics show a materialism we all seem to be obsessed with in one degree or another. I hate the consumer culture but am captive like everyone else. I love the rock formations around here and its like walking through the nature walks along Barton Creek Green Belt that suddenly have juice shops or bike shops where all you expected was nature. But these shops don't seem to ruin the natural environment the way the new businesses do that you along South Lamar and all over new Austin.









No comments:

Post a Comment