Saturday, March 28, 2020

Rainbow Summer

Three rainbows appeared to me the summer of 2015. I was driving through Dallas to get to one of my favorite places in the world when a rainbow appeared. That was out to Johnson City TN and my frined Hugo and his family. Later I went with my friend Corey to the great state of Colorado and ran into thunderstorms again and lucky me a rainbow. The video below shows it. Amazing. More crazy and miraculous was the Supreme Court decision in the summer of 2015 that legalized gay marriage in all of the U.S. I remember hearing about it at a Ben Kweller outdoor concert in Austin when he played Penny on the Train Track and thinking this is the trifecta of rainbows and lets call it Rainbow Summer. I went home and proposed "Rainbow Summer" to urban dictionary with my own take and thought it would get rejected like every other proposal. Holla, it got accepted. I think the editors just couldnt be against it so I got my one urban dictionary post. I'm guessing Ben had something else in mind but that song just smashed me in the face with emotion and relief. I get why some people on the left get so passionate when the authorities are unfair and unjust. I feel it too. And when a major obstacle is taken down a rung like gay marriage its a big deal. And it opens space for more freedom. And it says to the bigots to knock it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment