Monday, December 9, 2019

Dead deer on the side of the road

When I bike around Austin I see plenty of dead animals and creatures. Some on he road, some off. Usually they disappear. Does someone dispose of them? Do other animals and microbes consume them? In this instance it took many weeks for the dead dear to go away. First it was just dead. Then it rotted away and gave that stench of death. In that period I swear I could sense someone tried to cover up the stink of death with a lemon scent. That went away and then back to death. Then the scent went away as the carcass appeared desiccated. Still the outer remains laid in the grass for many more days. Finally I called the authorities. It took no less than three phone calls and an app notice before it was finally taken away. Seeing a dead deer on the side of the rode day after day for weeks. And then about a month afterwards a new dead dear appeared. about 100 feet south of this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment