Sunday, December 15, 2019

Mansion in Trinidad

This place is on the main street of Trinidad with all the old buildings. Its on the northern edge with most of the residential areas behind it and behind the other main street brick buildings. Were they ostentatious? Did they want the prestige of being on the same street as business? Were they political? I can't remember who the family was that owned this place many years ago but they must have been wealthy and influential. I wonder if they had security because I don't feel all that safe on that street at night today and I'm not rich. Or was crime less of an issue because the culprit was likely to be discovered and found and punished. Like the old mansions in LA these old places look great but honestly not that extravagant compared to homes today. I noticed the sliding windows at the tops of the doors that resemble the design of doors in other dwellings in the southwest before AC

























No comments:

Post a Comment