Sunday, December 15, 2019

New Housing In My Neighborhood

There's been a lot of infill in neighborhoods like mine in Austin. If there's a space without development then it's likely to turn into cramped homes selling for high prices. They're almost like duplexes but not quite. The first pics are those. This is one of at least four that have cropped up recently. Then you'll see pics of homes like mine that have been around for fifty years and give you some space from your neighbors and give your kids a place to mess around in the yard. In the middle of those you'll see a fence that surrounds the same housing you saw in the beginning. A gated community in my neighborhood. I didn't see it coming. Go in the opposite direction in the same distance and you'll find apartments crammed with working people. I guess theyre not going to get their car window smashed like mine did so some punk could grab my bag of tooth brushes and advil and no computer. Even if you don't care about kids or neighbors don't you want some space and privacy? I miss the openness I had as a kid in rural Wisconsin and we only had four acres.


















No comments:

Post a Comment