Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Nashville Neighborhood near Vanderbilt University

How'd I end up in Nashville? On a road trip to watch a Billy Eyelash concert. I was along for the ride my friend and his family and not going myself. I walked the neighborhood near Vanderbilt University where I was staying and this is what I saw. It's a real mix of houses and buildings. From the old 1930s homes to old apartments to modern condos. Going by an old red brick high-rise a was greeted by a friendly smoker who was accompanied by a dozen or so old timers. I would hate to end up in retirement looking at a city that you cant have  and stuck in a cramped apartment complex. I keep coming back to the same place in my emotional reaction to the new condo behemoths replacing the old houses. I hate it. I feel at home with the old. The new frightens me. I stayed over in one of those new condos. It felt like I was living in a Black Mirror episode. In that the pic theres an old home surrounded by concrete. That's how I feel. But I'd rather be that little home than any of the modern places that look like fancy barns or warehouses.


























No comments:

Post a Comment