Monday, December 9, 2019

Gem of the Mountain West

This little bar in Trinidad is in an area made up of old brick buildings with some alive with shops and restaurants and others abandoned or filled with 420 stores. Got lucky to hear local singers at Las Animas Grill. I love the small town feel coming from Austin. I think the 420 culture creates an inviting and welcoming culture in Trinidad. Maybe folks were chill before. On my second time through I met a guy who said he was helping his daughter get to college. He attracted a woman who said she was from Austin where she was a dancer but now is a bud tender in Trinidad. My brother tells me when I wish for a different life I should consider the old saying that the grass is always greener on the other side. Maybe.











No comments:

Post a Comment